LORI R. DORN
email: lori at hrlori.com
Seasoned, astute, and dedicated Human Resource professional, offering extensive experience in matters of personnel training and supervision, benefits coordination, policy interpretation and implementation, legal compliance, training curriculum development. Focus on a collaborative management approach with effective vision and counseling to steer organizations to achieve growth.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Spearheaded efforts in translating the company’s HR vision into strategic implementation of HR initiatives for recruitment, succession planning, staffing, assessment, learning and development, performance management, and retention throughout the region
- Administered entire aspects of HR functions for various clients on a contract basis, including but not limited to, creating and implementing policy and procedure, developing job descriptions, providing management coaching, conducting compliance review/advice, and other HR functions as necessary.
- Developed and implement appropriate action plans for diverse initiatives, providing recommendations on talent strengths and development needs; maximize available resources to address talent gaps and oversee performance management processes and initiatives.
- Conducted evaluation and risk assessment of employee-related issues such as harassment and termination.
- Strengthened HR strategic initiatives at the regional level focused on competitive markets through gathering internal and external perspectives, trends, and other specific data; integrating business strategies with operations, finance, and asset protection.
- Determined change management strategy for the region by understanding operational initiatives, aligning operational change needs with HR-related actions, and providing advice to divisional, regional, and market leaders to ensure consistent execution of policies, procedures, programs, and initiatives.
- Fostered a collaborative environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards on integrity and ethics by integrating such values into all programs and practices; develop and implement consequences for instances of violations or non-compliance; and support the Open Door Policy.
- Analyzed business objectives and member needs, as well as develop, communicate, build support for, and implement business strategies, plans, and best practices.
HRLORI – New York, New York
Human Resources Consultant
06/2000 to present
Developed and directed HR functions for various clients on a contract basis, including but not limited to, creating and implementing policy and procedure, developing job descriptions, providing management coaching, conducting compliance review/advice, and other HR functions as necessary.
Clients Include: blip.tv, Dotgo, Dogster, Rocketboom, Mule Design, Laughing Squid, enVie Interactive, Adafruit Industries and Bridgeport Financial.
FAB, INC – New York, NY
Senior Director (position eliminated)
11/2011 to 01/2013
First HR presence in a rapidly growing social commerce start-up. Established HR Department from ground up to implement HR standards, practices and policies. Revamped and instituted employee handbook, job descriptions and performance management process. Created employee relations function, balancing the needs of the company with the needs of employees. Scaled company from 65 to 250+ U.S. employees within 8 months
BUYWITHME, INC. – New York, NY
Human Resources Director (company closed)
11/2010 to 11/2011
Created and directed HR function for e-commerce company of 200 employees. Instituted the effective and timely execution of HR functions. Supervised recruiting staff and HR Assistant. Oversaw Reduction in Force (RIF) of over 100 employees due to company’s inability to gain sufficient funding.
FEDERATED MEDIA PUBLISHING – San Francisco, CA
Human Resources Director (position eliminated)
10/2008 to 01/2010
Established HR function at growing online advertising platform company.Responsible for 91 full-time employees in San Francisco, New York and Toronto. Implemented performance management, learning and development, recruiting systems. Handled all employee relations.
KENSINGTON COMPUTER PRODUCTS – Redwood Shores, CA
Human Resources Business Partner
10/2006 to 09/2008
Served as key business unit partner and division trainer for company-wide HR initiatives Partnered with department heads in California and Canada. Recommended change management strategy for the region by understanding operational initiatives, aligning operational change needs with HR-related actions. Provided guidance to divisional, regional, and market leaders to ensure consistent execution of policies, procedures, programs, and initiatives. Supervised administrative staff.
WALDEN HOUSE – San Francisco, CA
Human Resources Manager
10/2001 to 05/2006
Managed Human Resources Department for non-profit substance abuse and mental health treatment organization of 500+ employees at various locations throughout California. Developed and implemented appropriate action plans for diverse initiatives, providing recommendations on talent strengths and development needs. Investigated employee grievances. Mediated conflict resolution between employees at various levels. Collaborated with management to ensure company-wide compliance with employment laws. Supervised Payroll, Recruiting and Benefits departments.
B.A: English/Creative Writing
State University of New York (SUNY) at Binghamton – Binghamton, NY
M.A: Media Studies
New School for Social Research – New York, NY
Certificate in Human Resources Management
San Francisco State University – San Francisco, CA